Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hey There, Ho There....

How has everyone been doing? Sorry I've been MIA for longer than I've ever been since starting this blog, but frankly, I didn't know what to write about anymore.

Brendon has been doing spectacular with baseball, not so much with diabetes. We're going through a transition into him receiving more independence with his care and us trying to teach him how to be responsible with his independence.

He'll probably have his worst A1C since he was diagnosed....we have an endo appointment tomorrow. BUT, I'm hoping for better of course.

He's happy, read all of the Harry Potter books since school ended, and has played baseball nearly everyday for two different teams since Spring.

Here is as starting pitcher for the playoff game:


10 Comments:

  • "He's Happy"

    nuff said! He will get the D down in time. But he is happy and that is AWESOME!

    Just as awesome as it is to read a post from you. I miss you HEAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

    By Blogger George, at 8/18/2009 10:22 PM  

  • Figures. I do a clean sweep of my blog feeds and you post again. ;)

    Missed you!

    By OpenID talesofmy30s, at 8/18/2009 11:20 PM  

  • Hey Shannon!!!! I've missed you. I can't believe how grown up Brendan looks in those pictures. Welcome back to the blogasphere.

    By Blogger Penny, at 8/19/2009 1:10 PM  

  • You's guys are the best :D I missed you all too!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 8/19/2009 2:23 PM  

  • Shannon -
    Brendon is HAPPY *& you wrote a blog post- BOTH MAKE ME HAPPY!!

    I miss you something awful sister and knowing that all is right in your world is a wonderful thing!
    THANKS FOR POSTING!
    kelly k

    By Blogger k2, at 8/21/2009 1:52 PM  

  • It's so good to hear from you :) wow, Brendan looks way older his baseball pictures- it's been too long!!
    Missed you- glad to hear everyone is well!!

    By Blogger Lea, at 8/24/2009 8:57 PM  

  • Ok, so here's the deal ... I had pretty much given up hope on you posting again, cause damn woman - it's been so long!!! But THANK YOU for an update!! Yay! I'm glad that you're doing well and I hope Brendan's appt went well. If it's any consolation - D just had hers the other week and her a1c was the highest since diagnosis and we have NO CLUE how it happened - seriously, we've been militant about it all but her body insists on fighting us tooth and nail. So back to the drawing boards for us *sigh*.

    Keep in touch - I missed you my friend!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 8/28/2009 5:05 PM  

  • welcome back!

    By Blogger Life As I Know It, at 9/01/2009 2:40 PM  

  • I am late with this.. but welcome back! Brendan looks so much older! Glad you are back.. i will check in more often now.

    By Blogger Jenn, at 9/02/2009 2:20 PM  

  • Thanks gals :D

    By Blogger Shannon, at 9/03/2009 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home